Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Saving Face

You know those horrible ads for "#1 tip of a flat belly"? Those drive me nuts. If it's a flat belly, how can it have a tip? Or is it that the flat belly is giving you a tip? I wish someone would rewrite those ads.

Anyway, I also have a tip for you. I got it from Rob Carrick's Personal Finance Readers a couple of weeks ago. His semiweekly blog is always entertaining, if not always entirely useful.

A tip came up on Rob's Personal Finance Reader a few weeks ago which was: dry your razor completely after every use. Being the experimentally minded person I am, I gave it a try. For the last few weeks I have been using my breath and a small amount of toilet paper to remove all the water from my razor blade after use. And you know what? It works.

Previously, I would probably get 3 or 4 shaves out of a blade and on the 4th one my neck would look like a freshly plowed field. I'm now on shave 6 with this blade and not a nick at all today. So give it a try, it'll save you money and save your face.

Let me know if it works, or if you have any other easy money-saving (or environment-saving) tips you want me to try out and write about.

2 comments:

Mag. said...

Well, what J does is, he shaves about once a week. This way the razor lasts even longer (like, 3-4 weeks if he doesn't dry it).

terriblenews said...

I use that method too, sometimes. Mostly during exam periods :*)