Monday, June 11, 2012

What could possibly go wrong?

The Globe and Mail has apparently decided that I should no longer be able to find the one column I read with any regularity, I must now search for David Eddie's latest column on the Relationships page and then guess which headline is his (got it in one today!).


While I was there, another headline about rating your ex online got my attention:
“You wouldn’t go to a restaurant that hasn’t been reviewed. Especially in the era of Internet dating, why would you go on a date with a person who hasn’t been reviewed?”


Not to say that I wasn't momentarily tempted, but this just screams Bad Idea. I think this kind of feedback info integrated into an online dating service you have already voluntarily signed up for might work, but without that kind of context it seems almost inevitable that it will just turn into Air Your Dirty Laundry Online. As if Facebox wasn't already there for that purpose. 

No comments: